nasty pop-up nptices abut outdated plugins and Adobe
Mort
2015-02-09 03:46:09 UTC

I'm running Windows 7 Pro and the latest S.M.. I have been bombarded
with fake-looking ads proclaiming that my plugin is outdated and that I
have to update my Adobe Reader. It is most annoying. When I click on its
X, then the primary program stops and cannot be accessed.

Has anyone else had this problem? How do I stop it? Neither my antivirus
nor my antispyware has helped.

Thanks,

Mort Linder

---
...winston‫
2015-02-09 07:34:29 UTC
Post by Mort
Hi,
I'm running Windows 7 Pro and the latest S.M.. I have been bombarded
with fake-looking ads proclaiming that my plugin is outdated and that I
have to update my Adobe Reader. It is most annoying. When I click on its
X, then the primary program stops and cannot be accessed.
Has anyone else had this problem? How do I stop it? Neither my antivirus
nor my antispyware has helped.
Thanks,
Mort Linder
Go here and download and install the latest plug-in version of Flash for
Plug-in Browsers (SeaMonkey is one of them).
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

The latest version is 16.0.0.305

Close SeaMonkey prior to installing the 16.00/305
--
...winston
msft mvp consumer apps
Mort
2015-02-09 15:09:37 UTC
Post by ...winston‫
Post by Mort
Hi,
I'm running Windows 7 Pro and the latest S.M.. I have been bombarded
with fake-looking ads proclaiming that my plugin is outdated and that I
have to update my Adobe Reader. It is most annoying. When I click on its
X, then the primary program stops and cannot be accessed.
Has anyone else had this problem? How do I stop it? Neither my antivirus
nor my antispyware has helped.
Thanks,
Mort Linder
Go here and download and install the latest plug-in version of Flash for
Plug-in Browsers (SeaMonkey is one of them).
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
The latest version is 16.0.0.305
Close SeaMonkey prior to installing the 16.00/305
Hi Winston,

Thanks a lot for your helpful post. I just downloaded the latest Adobe
Reader version,and hope that those annoying ads will stop.

Mort Linder

---
Mort
2015-02-11 00:31:14 UTC
Post by Mort
Hi Winston,
Thanks a lot for your helpful post. I just downloaded the latest Adobe
Reader version,and hope that those annoying ads will stop.
Mort Linder
---
Hi Winston,

The nasty popups stopped completely. Thanks again for your helpful advice.

Best,

Mort Linder

---
...winston‫
2015-02-12 04:52:37 UTC
Post by Mort
Post by Mort
Hi Winston,
Thanks a lot for your helpful post. I just downloaded the latest Adobe
Reader version,and hope that those annoying ads will stop.
Mort Linder
---
Hi Winston,
The nasty popups stopped completely. Thanks again for your helpful advice.
Best,
Mort Linder
---
You're welcome.