Fonts missing pixels in mail and newsgroup windows
Jeff Wisnia
2015-02-15 20:29:29 UTC
I'm using Vista and SeaMonkey 2.32.

Recently the text in the email and message windows looks like it is
missing pixcels.

I clipped a section of it and stored it here:

It looks like the top and bottom lines of pixels aren't printing to the
screen.

Everything elso except these message text windows looks fine on the screen.

Help Pleeze,

Thanks

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia
2015-02-15 21:42:45 UTC
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/BADTEXT.jpg
It looks like the top and bottom lines of pixels aren't printing to the
screen.
Everything elso except these message text windows looks fine on the screen.
Help Pleeze,
Thanks
Jeff
Here's a larger sample:

Thanks,

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia
2015-02-16 04:32:31 UTC
Post by Jeff Wisnia
I'm using Vista and SeaMonkey 2.32.
Recently the text in the email and message windows looks like it is
missing pixcels.
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/BADTEXT.jpg
It looks like the top and bottom lines of pixels aren't printing to the
screen.
Everything elso except these message text windows looks fine on the screen.
Help Pleeze,
Thanks
Jeff
Now this is getting wacky...

The post just below from Felixx displays in beautiful sharp clear text,
but the reply from Prueba TB looks crummy. WTF?

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Ralph Fox
2015-02-16 06:00:27 UTC
Post by Jeff Wisnia
Post by Jeff Wisnia
I'm using Vista and SeaMonkey 2.32.
Recently the text in the email and message windows looks like it is
missing pixcels.
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/BADTEXT.jpg
It looks like the top and bottom lines of pixels aren't printing to the
screen.
Everything elso except these message text windows looks fine on the screen.
Help Pleeze,
Thanks
Jeff
Now this is getting wacky...
The post just below from Felixx displays in beautiful sharp clear text,
but the reply from Prueba TB looks crummy. WTF?
My guess is that you need to change SeaMonkey's monospace font
setting from "Courier" to "Courier New".

"Courier" is a bitmapped font. It does not scale well to different
sizes. When monospaced text is displayed at a size other than the
size(s) the font was designed for, you may see missing pixels.

"Courier New" is a vector font. It will scale well to different sizes.
--
Kind regards
Ralph
Jeff Wisnia
2015-02-17 00:27:14 UTC
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by Jeff Wisnia
Post by Jeff Wisnia
[...]
With the assistance of a SeaMonkey user group I learned that a recent
Microsoft update, KB3013455, causes that problem. I removed that update
and voila! the text looked fine again.

Then I searched for "KB3013455" and megahits came up, describing the
same problem and advising removal of that update.

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Ralph Fox
2015-02-17 07:19:56 UTC
Post by Jeff Wisnia
With the assistance of a SeaMonkey user group I learned that a recent
Microsoft update, KB3013455, causes that problem. I removed that update
and voila! the text looked fine again.
Then I searched for "KB3013455" and megahits came up, describing the
same problem and advising removal of that update.
It's good to hear you found the cause and have fixed the problem with font quality.