Sea Monkey 2.2 a BIG mistake
r***@optonline.net
2011-07-23 07:04:30 UTC
I downloaded and installed this thing an hour or so ago, and my bookmarks were
destroted. I had to redo the whole tool bar. Another thing I lost is a little
utility I used called NoSquint, which allowed you to change the Zoom under View
and have it stay that way. Apparently, the plug in is incompatible with this new
2.2 piece of crap. Anyone know of a similar utility out there that works with
2.2? I tried several times after installing it to do a system restore to go back
to my old version of Sea Monkey and I couldn't restore the system. A real domino
effect after installing 2.2.
Michael Speier
2011-07-23 07:51:09 UTC
Post by r***@optonline.net
Another thing I lost is a little
utility I used called NoSquint, which allowed you to change the Zoom under View
and have it stay that way. Apparently, the plug in is incompatible with this new
2.2 piece of crap. Anyone know of a similar utility out there that works with
2.2? I tried several times after installing it to do a system restore to go back
to my old version of Sea Monkey and I couldn't restore the system. A real domino
effect after installing 2.2.
At first NoSqint is an Add-on, not an Plugin:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Add-on_%28Mozilla%29
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Plug-in_%28computing%29

The next is a Question to you: Do you know Google?

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=nosquint+seamonkey&aq=0p&aqi=p-p2g8&aql=f&oq=no

The first link i found was the right for you:

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#nosquint

The other one is: This newsgroup is death like the Netscape Browser,
please use mozilla.support.seamonkey

Greets from Augsburg, Germany

Mike
--
*** TmoWizard ***
ircs://irc.freenode.net:7070/tmowizard
midnight will be conjured!
Dustbin
2011-07-23 14:53:06 UTC
Post by r***@optonline.net
I downloaded and installed this thing an hour or so ago, and my bookmarks were
destroted. I had to redo the whole tool bar. Another thing I lost is a little
utility I used called NoSquint, which allowed you to change the Zoom under View
and have it stay that way. Apparently, the plug in is incompatible with this new
2.2 piece of crap. Anyone know of a similar utility out there that works with
2.2? I tried several times after installing it to do a system restore to go back
to my old version of Sea Monkey and I couldn't restore the system. A real domino
effect after installing 2.2.
Is your Email address real?

I could send you a copy of v2.0.14 attached - if you want it.

D.
r***@optonline.net
2011-07-23 16:36:48 UTC
Post by Dustbin
Post by r***@optonline.net
I downloaded and installed this thing an hour or so ago, and my bookmarks were
destroted. I had to redo the whole tool bar. Another thing I lost is a little
utility I used called NoSquint, which allowed you to change the Zoom under View
and have it stay that way. Apparently, the plug in is incompatible with this new
2.2 piece of crap. Anyone know of a similar utility out there that works with
2.2? I tried several times after installing it to do a system restore to go back
to my old version of Sea Monkey and I couldn't restore the system. A real domino
effect after installing 2.2.
Is your Email address real?
I could send you a copy of v2.0.14 attached - if you want it.
D.
First of all, just before I downloaded 2.2, there was a caveat that No Squint
was not a compatible ADD-ON but they were working on it, so there should be no
compatible version of No Squint at this time. I just wasn't thinking when I
installed 2.2 and then realized I'd lost No Squint.

I did Google but couldn't seem to find anything that looked like it would work,
so yes, I know how to Google.

As for v.2.0.14, are you referring to Sea Monkey? Can I go backwards and replace
2.2 with an older version without losing all my bookmarks again?

Thanks.
Dustbin
2011-07-23 21:33:45 UTC
Post by r***@optonline.net
Post by Dustbin
Post by r***@optonline.net
[...]
Yes I did mean SeaMonkey v2.0.14.

I had a load of problems when I installed 2.2 and soon reverted to v2.0.14.

I just installed over the v2.2 version, and it was fine. v2.0.14
retained my bookmarks in the sidebar as before and re-instated my
personal bookmarks bar.

Obviously, I cannot offer any guarantees - that would be fool hardy. But
it worked for me and has done on other occasions too. I keep a long
history of previous versions and can revert to almost anything - going
back to SeaMonkey v1.0.5.

I am not sure that I can attach to an n.g. and the bulk might not be
appreciated by others - so a direct email from me to thee might be
better if you want it.

D.
Thanks.
r***@optonline.net
2011-07-23 22:32:10 UTC
Post by Dustbin
Post by r***@optonline.net
Post by Dustbin
Post by r***@optonline.net
[...]
Post by r***@optonline.net
Thanks.
Thanks. I downloaded the 2.0.12 version after Googling it, and was just waiting
to hear from you before I tried an install.
Dustbin
2011-07-24 07:51:58 UTC
Post by r***@optonline.net
Post by Dustbin
Post by r***@optonline.net
Post by r***@optonline.net
Thanks.
Thanks. I downloaded the 2.0.12 version after Googling it, and was just waiting
to hear from you before I tried an install.
Well, I hope it works for you.

D.
r***@optonline.net
2011-07-24 20:28:36 UTC
Post by Dustbin
Post by r***@optonline.net
Post by Dustbin
Post by r***@optonline.net
Post by r***@optonline.net
Thanks.
Thanks. I downloaded the 2.0.12 version after Googling it, and was just waiting
to hear from you before I tried an install.
Well, I hope it works for you.
D.
Installed 2.0.14 and it works fine and No Squint is back. Only problem was I had
to re-type and "Remember" all my passwords over again. Otherwise all seems fine.
Thanks again.
Felicia33Conley
2011-11-18 02:39:28 UTC
freelance writer