Yet another disaster.
Dustbin
2011-09-28 12:38:17 UTC
I have just received a warning that my SeaMonkey 2.0.14 is out of date
and that 2.4 was available for download,

Good I had been waiting for the disaster of 2.3 to be corrected.

NO CHANCE. Instead all the same damned problems.

Here we go again. Now I have to be in bloody Administrator mode to do a
simple and basic bloody update. So I do that and...

My bookmarks all gone. I reloaded them and ALL the bookmark menu bar was
still missing.

I do not want to have to rebuild my system every time I do an minimal
upgrade.

It is getting to the point where by I am now considering abandoning
SeaMonkey all together.

D.
australopitecus
D.
Robert Kaiser
2011-09-30 14:20:43 UTC
Post by australopitecus
Absolutely.
Thankfully, most of the SeaMonkey team doesn't need to read the bullshit
you are spitting out here. We have moved over to saner newsgroups a long
time ago.

Robert Kaiser
--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never
meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible
time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)
Dustbin
2011-10-01 10:37:32 UTC
Post by Robert Kaiser
Post by australopitecus
Absolutely.
Thankfully, most of the SeaMonkey team doesn't need to read the bullshit
you are spitting out here. We have moved over to saner newsgroups a long
time ago.
If it isa so much BS then why is it that I do not get my bookmarks
loaded when I upgrade. And even when I reload them from a file the
bookmark toolbar remains empty of all but the default stuff that comes
with the programme. As I say above - I don't want to have to rebuild my
system every time I do an update.

And I have just had an update notification from FF (to 7.0.1) - and now
I am expected to enter administrator level for that too now. I am
thinking of giving up on FireFox too. These are only browsers. They
should not need Admin level installation unless you are doing things I
am likely not to want.

Also I dislike the way FireFox presumes to bypass my firewall granting
itself the right to both access the Internet without my permission and
to even serve as a server. My system should never function as a server -
I have sensitive personal information on here.

D.
Philip Chee
2011-10-01 11:31:30 UTC
Post by Robert Kaiser
Post by australopitecus
Absolutely.
Thankfully, most of the SeaMonkey team doesn't need to read the bullshit
you are spitting out here. We have moved over to saner newsgroups a long
...................................................^^^^^
You haven't looked at mozilla.general I can tell.
Post by Robert Kaiser
time ago.
Robert Kaiser
Phil
--
Philip Chee <***@aleytys.pc.my>, <***@gmail.com>
Dustbin
2011-10-01 10:29:58 UTC
Post by australopitecus
[...]

Too right. People don't believe that the internet used to be a crazy
off-the-wall free-for-all that was all but built by people doing it for
nothing and just 'cus they thought it was pretty okay thing to do. The
worst thing to happen to the internet was ".com"

It should be withdrawn as a TLD and as an operation; no commerce on the
net bar a modest fee for (ISP) access.

D.