Will there be a 2.1.1?
John A.
2011-06-25 01:40:25 UTC
Will the, in my opinion somewhat sociopathic, decision to drop support
for Firefox 4.0.x mean there will also be no Seamonkey 2.1.1?
Guy Gorton
2011-06-25 08:27:43 UTC
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:40:25 -0400, John A.
Post by John A.
Will the, in my opinion somewhat sociopathic, decision to drop support
for Firefox 4.0.x mean there will also be no Seamonkey 2.1.1?
Where do you find this fact about Firefox 4.0, which I have only just
installed? Took me ages to get rid of all the Yahoo garbage infecting
it so I would really prefer to go back to my previous version,
whatever that was.

Guy Gorton
Robert Kaiser
2011-06-25 12:19:12 UTC
Post by John A.
Will the, in my opinion somewhat sociopathic, decision to drop support
for Firefox 4.0.x mean there will also be no Seamonkey 2.1.1?
Yes. There is no way for the very small SeaMonkey team to keep up
security maintenance for a Mozilla platform that has been dropped by the
Firefox and platform teams. The security update to SeaMonkey 2.1 is
SeaMonkey 2.2, just like the newest Firefox version (internally dubbed
"5") is the security update to Firefox 4.

Robert Kaiser
--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never
meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible