(Netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey is mostly inactive.
Mike C
2013-11-26 16:16:16 UTC
You should to go to this newsgroup:
mozilla.support.seamonkey

The newsgroup you're in (netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey) is mostly
inactive.
Denis Beauregard
2013-11-26 17:29:48 UTC
Post by Mike C
mozilla.support.seamonkey
The newsgroup you're in (netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey) is mostly
inactive.
No mozilla group available on the server I am using...

eternal-september.org

Denis
Ralph Fox
2013-11-27 00:28:05 UTC
Post by Denis Beauregard
Post by Mike C
mozilla.support.seamonkey
To post to the newsgroup mozilla.support.seamonkey, you should also
use the news server news.mozilla.org.

A few other servers have unauthorised copies of mozilla.support.seamonkey,
but posts made through other servers do not appear on the news server
news.mozilla.org where most people are.
Post by Denis Beauregard
Post by Mike C
The newsgroup you're in (netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey) is mostly
inactive.
No mozilla group available on the server I am using...
eternal-september.org
No problem. Set up a second news server news.mozilla.org
(no login required) and download the newsgroup list.

To set up a second news server in Forte Agent 1.91,
see "Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration"
or "Help >> Contents >> How to Use Agent >> Agent Configuration >> How to Configure Agent for Multiple Users and Servers"

In short, you will need
1) A second Agent data folder with an AGENT.INI file in it
2) A second shortcut to start Agent. This shortcut's "Start In"
field must be set to the second data folder.
Start a second Agent window from the second shortcut and configure
its news server to be news.mozilla.org
--
Kind regards
Ralph
Denis Beauregard
2013-11-27 00:55:59 UTC
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by Denis Beauregard
Post by Mike C
mozilla.support.seamonkey
To post to the newsgroup mozilla.support.seamonkey, you should also
use the news server news.mozilla.org.
A few other servers have unauthorised copies of mozilla.support.seamonkey,
but posts made through other servers do not appear on the news server
news.mozilla.org where most people are.
The principle of newsgroups is to have not-located deposits for
messages so that you have not to check them on several servers...
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by Denis Beauregard
Post by Mike C
The newsgroup you're in (netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey) is mostly
inactive.
No mozilla group available on the server I am using...
eternal-september.org
No problem. Set up a second news server news.mozilla.org
(no login required) and download the newsgroup list.
To set up a second news server in Forte Agent 1.91,
see "Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration"
or "Help >> Contents >> How to Use Agent >> Agent Configuration >> How to Configure Agent for Multiple Users and Servers"
In short, you will need
1) A second Agent data folder with an AGENT.INI file in it
2) A second shortcut to start Agent. This shortcut's "Start In"
field must be set to the second data folder.
Start a second Agent window from the second shortcut and configure
its news server to be news.mozilla.org
But this means I have to check that from time to time while the
netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey is among my subscribed enwsgroups
and I don't have to do something specific to read them.

I think the monthly or so message from the other newsgroup should
be forwarded here...

Denis
--
Denis Beauregard - généalogiste émérite (FQSG)
Les Français d'Amérique du Nord - www.francogene.com/genealogie--quebec/
Sur cédérom à 1785 - On CD-ROM to 1785
Mike C
2013-11-27 17:19:52 UTC
Post by Denis Beauregard
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by Denis Beauregard
Post by Mike C
[...]
Just setup mozilla.support.seamonkey
the same as you setup netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey