SM 1.1.8: on some XP-installations delay 5 sec connecting in LAN to 192.168.128.78
ekkardgerlach
2012-05-07 13:09:41 UTC
SM 1.1.8 delays in on some XP installations connecting to a LAN IP
192.168.128.78 when downloading a pdf document: "waiting for
192.168.128.78 ..." appears about for 5 sec when klicking with the mouse
on a pdf-download link. It is *always* delaying, not only sometimes.
Same delay when http://192.168.... is exchanged with a name and the
name/IP that is inserted in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Other
browsers like Firefox do *not* delay, only SM 1.1.8 on some XP
installations. On most XP-Installations SM 1.1.8 works without delay. I
checked all setting of SM, I checked about:config in cache, plugin
affais. All settings are identical compaired with a installation without
delay.

Sorry for using very old seamonkey, but its a business use of SM 1.1.8
(LAMP-system) and seamonkey 1.1.8 is running perfectly on most WinXP
machines. We won't change the browser because there are some special
settings that work fine in SM 1.1.8. and SM 1.1.8 ist very stable for
our use,.

tia
Ekkard
ekkardgerlach
2012-05-07 13:32:01 UTC
some further information: on one of the two delaying XP-installations a
user updated SM to a higher 2.x version about one year ago. We rolled
back to SM 1.1.8 because 2.x didn't work like we need it. We deleted
c:\program\seamonkey completely an we copied the seamonkey folder with
SM 1.1.8. Perhaps the delay is since that event. Are there perhaps some
entrys in registry that should be deleted?

thx
Ekkard